Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Journal Entry 3

On the bus on our way to blackpool now, yesterday we had our last night of rounds at Semely and it was wonderful because it was there 25th anniversary so Carmen and Brian were there with two other couples doing shows, the original "heat 1" at rounds it's like five heats of 12 couples on the floor, it's crowded and hot and sweaty and the music is loud, Brian said it isn't always the best place to practice but it is the best place to dance and I agree wholeheartedly. It was amazing being there, everyone showed up at one point. Peter Maxwell was there and gave some words and Greg and Lydia both got gifted for there hard work which I was glad to see because I didn't even know them and I could tell they love doing what they do and they do it tirelessly. It was an amazing experience. I am on the bus ride feeling really nauseas and I was watching horton hears a who. Which is an amazing story probably one of my favorites. I love when the mayor of whoville looks at his wife Sally and says this is bigger than me, take the family and get them safe. And she says I will I believe in you. It made me cry the whole thing did but especially that part because no one believes in him, and she honestly does. It's significant because with Trey and I traveling and being so far away from home the bottom line is he's my buddy and my pal and we can laugh and hang out and get sick of each other and all the traveling he has succeeded in taking care of not just himself but me too and the luggage has been heavy and the walking isn't easy and the dancing is hard but I realized that he always makes sure I get the lightest load, and although it isn't always obvious right away and even if he's being a jerk, underneath all that he is still helping me out, and making my job as easy as he can. We crossed the border into blackpool now, and I need to buy new dance shoes so I can't wait to get checked in to our place and get to the winter gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment