Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 24, 2011 9;56 London Time Journal Entry 1

We got in to London around noon and arrived at Anns house by tube train and foot at about 4 pm. We went to rounds at 7 but they didn't really start until 8, it was amazing. Trey and I started out really nervous and small because everyone, EVERYONE was there. Stefano and Olga, yulia and riccardo, melia and sergey, kerill and Elvira, Neil and katy a, yulia and Ferdinand. Everyone I have ever watched and idolized was there dancing in a studio space. The studio itself was really cool, it had a bar and a stage where some swanky euro trash lounge area was but it was not big or fancy. Kate and her partner from USA were there and from minute one were at each others throats and then on the flip side there was Neil and katy a who played and laughed with each other. Neil loves her and the daninc g so much it is enchanting. The room was so crowded and all different levels. Trey and I didn't Feel close to the worst but still lot to work and focus on. Trey and I were careful and professional I only got hit in the head once in rumba and ran into yulia once in paso (big scary oops ;)) but we did alright! I feel now that shirleys choreography was for the best because it can be danced similar to what I saw others dancing tonight. A lot of soon to be friends were there and I love this world, the atmosphere was incredible. Trey and I stood with the Russians and Italians because the American couples were all scattered and arguing with one a other.... Which is interesting in retrospect but was annoying at the time. My shoulders are aching and my feet are raw but I am happy. Covered in sweat and exhaustion but nothing in this world can beat how I feel right at this moment. Anns house is pleasant and I am grateful I can feel comfortable here. Greg de wet was the only person I introduced myself too tonight because Allan told us too, he's a bundle of fun and told us to kiss and hug Allan when we see him next. Now I just want to shower with Trey and watch horton hears a who...

No comments:

Post a Comment