Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Journal entry June 14

I went and got my nails done this morning and it was so fun, the Asian chicks there spoke really good English, they do nails so much better here? The shape is so pretty... It was called California nails so I asked which one of you is from California? And we got to talking about la and dance and the weather. It was a blast. Last night we talked with Ruben, mash a turlopova's partner, they teach here at dance fever and he is a lot of fun. Marcus and ksenia are here teaching this week as well as Shirley ballis so there are a lot of couples, mostly amateurs, who are at the studio to take lessons and they all say hi. It is fun hanging out with other amateurs. Jean Phillipe and Laurence from Canada also teach here, and Saturday it was JPs birthday so last night we ate cake at the studio and hung out. The cake was Delish. Ronan teaches here with his partner Miriam, and they have recently gone pro... Ronan seriously teaches so many lessons he is always at the studio, I get here around 3 and leave around 9 or 10 and he is always here when I am, always teaching, I doubt he even eats. It's crazy... I wish the students in Utah were like the students here, these pre teen and junior dancers will have solo lessons, them and their coach, and then have more lessons later with their partners, it's not a lot of group classes, and this is such a good way to teach dancing! Because then the dancer gets the individual attention. I feel like everyone has been in a lesson where the focal point is one member of the partnership instead of the partnership as a whole. All the Russian is rubbing off on me a little bit, parents at the studio just assume we speak Russian so they will say priviet? And make jokes, or be telling a story to the group and look at me... They don't realize I have no idea, but I just smile and follow along, some things I can actually pick out, not the whole conversation but words... Like priviet. How are you? :) the dancing is feeling really good and I am anxious to compete this weekend. Blackpool went so well and was so much fun and we have made so many friends here that the Yankee classic almost feels like a local comp back home, everyone Is only concerned with where to go eat afterwards. Allen rudman and sandy, Ron and Ashley goldman all dance here and are in the youth final, Ron actually won not USA youth championships this year, so since they are here a lot at the studio when we are we have been hanging out a lot, they are cool and we've all been practicing together and having a lot of fun. Trey is going to have to bleach my hair before the comp... So probably like tomorrow... And we will see how that goes. I am sure he Will do great, I just wish I was a natural blonde and my life would be so much easier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment