Friday, June 3, 2011

Journal entry

Yesterday at practice the lightness coming through the windows and shining on the floor so I worked on my opening outs, sliding doors, and picture lines and using the sun ton make sure the "light of day" as Allan would out it, is not shining through my legs. We were able to go see pics at the comp of us dancing, I was happy about a lot of stuff but unhappy as well about others, just by looking at the pictures I can tell that Trey and I aren't coordinated, he will be leaving one step as I am just arriving resulting in unfinished lines and ugly feet.... Pictures really can almost be better then video because often times they will see a great shot and be just late of snapping it, so you get the split second in between which often you miss in video but that moment is important as well. Dancers work alot on their picture lines and the result, the A and the B moments but the steps in between and how you leave and arrive are overlookoed. I realized by the picks that my weight sis paten split when it should be clearly to one side or the other, that probably has a lot to do with my balance issues and feeling insecure using the floor so to help that Trey and i worked coordination through our movements together and connection. Coordination came easier then we thought after our lesson with Shirley and its fun to work on.... I was surprised how fun and sexy practice can be when Trey and I actually watch and look at each other the whole time... Who would have thought? And actually it is something we both noticed throughout the comp as well, it is telling, especially in rumba when the dancers are pulling dramatic faces never once looking at each other, it is very obvious that it is not genuine and therefore hard for me to watch personally. But when I dance with tee and he looks in my eye, every time I move my hips and the effect is him moving his it is very intimate to look at each other, then the expressions on his face are very genuine and I believe that's when people enjoy to watch. A lot of times telling the story is emphasized so much in dancing that the dancers forget that it isn't about making up a story it is literally about demonstrating your own. So taking e time to watch each other and learn from each others was really intriguing and fun for us and moving our bodies andnsweating together in harmony for a few hours :) felt really satisfying. I talked with my good friend vesa while at the comp yesterday and have some really exciting stuff to look forward to in november. So now that blackpool is over we are Shipping out to Boston (name the band) and things will be not so easy. Competing in blackpool even though intimadating was not much of a challenge because we could only do what we had succeeded in doing up tulle that point and watch and learn more, so now we have to go to the states and implement all we have learned here and apply it to our practice.... There are long days ahead. Both of us have lofty goals for this summer and we want to improve..like yesterday and since we are both very impatient with our dancing practices can be explosive if we get frustrated. Trey makes me so happy and I love him and all the roles he plays in my life. Thank you god xox

No comments:

Post a Comment