Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Journal entry

Boston is awesome! It is so hot here but I really like it, it kind of reminds me of Utah but also like Spokane. I am just so happy to be around Americans again, I asked the lady at customs where e nearest taco bell was and she winked at me and said not close enough I'm afraid, in an American accent.... I am so happy to be home. We are staying with Nahzda and Vasa in their apartment and we are having so much fun, yesterday we laid out by the pool and talked and our Russian vocabulary is extensive, I now know how to say store, hello, thank you, good bye, come on, yes, no, and a few others that I can't recall, Vasa's birthday is today so last night I cooked spehgetti and made garlic bread, they had never had it so it was great. The day before that we had Russian soup for lunch, it is made of potatoes, beats, some vegetables and meet. You eat it hot with a dip of mayonnaise and black bread, it was good! Then we went to the local Russian market and that was really interesting. They say they dot like peanut butter because it is salty so I had to get a reeses that we are eating tonight with russian beer in celebration of Vasa's birthday, I am positive and determined that they will like it. Everyone at e studio is Russian and late last night after practice I was trying to talk to Trey and he joked that I couldn't speak at all now, Russian or English because trying to communicate with everyone has been exciting and sometimes challenging. I had to explain to nahzda why we call beef hamburger in general after a few confusing inquiries. It is hot as hell here and sunny, my tan is resurrecting again after the few sunless weeks in England. My new shoes have. Finally been broken in and practice last night was better because of it, new stiff shoes make ,e bitchy. But now they are so flexible and my point looks fab :) I just had some lunch and nahzda is home so we are going to the pool before practice, and then we have a lesson so lounge and nap in the pool will be blissful

No comments:

Post a Comment